- Make sure you really want to buy a business
and that the timing is right.
- Determine your general criteria - the best you can.
prepared to sign a "Confidentiality Agreement" and to share information about you and your abilities.
investigate any business presented to you.
- BE PATIENT! - Finding the "Best Fit" may take longer
than you think.
- Realize that there are no "perfect businesses" out there. Every business has
some strong points and some weak points. Match your strong points with the business's weak points and you'll have a winner.
- Make sure you feel that you can improve on the existing business. If you don't - you shouldn't even consider
- Be prepared to move quickly when you find the "Best Fit." Good businesses are not
on the market very long. - There are a lot of buyers out there.